Recovering corrupted and tampered data from external hard disk drives is one of the most common tasks which require us to spend laborious hours on it. Though external hard drive data recovery is a tedious work, it is no longer termed as an impossible undertaking. A hard drive has become an indispensable part of our lives as it is used to store all our digital data such as music, pictures, videos etc in it. The consequences of the failure of such external disk drives can be annihilating. Therefore, external hard drive data recovery is a prerequisite to save ourselves from the devastating effects of the loss of crucial data such as financial information, pictures, official documents etc.
Some of the reasons which result in the failure of hard drives are as follows:-
· Due to the negligence of the user, the hard disk can fall of from his or her hand resulting in physical damages being made to the hard disk drive.
· The hard disk drives may get overheated due to the absence of sufficient ventilation techniques.
The above causes are few of the most commonly appearing faults which makes the task of external hard drive data recovery even more important.
Once a hard disk drive gets damaged, we should not retain the damaged device for further usage as it might result in further deterioration of the system. A repair utility should also not be carried out on the data of a damaged drive as it might transform all the retrievable data to an irretrievable form.
External hard drive data recovery can be carried out easily by making use of one of the available data recovery tools such as Data Clinic, EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard etc.
The working of a data recovery tool can be illustrated by the following steps:-
- Loss of data due to virus attacks or hard disk drive damages are considered to be high priority situations which require immediate attention. The various technicians determine if the drive can be accessed using the lab equipments. If the damaged disk can be accessed, an image of all the data on this disk is copied to a new disk.
- If the damaged disk cannot be reached, the level of damage is determined.
- The failed or damaged parts can be replaced by the new components in order to perform recovery.
- The low level data sectors are analyzed carefully by the technicians in the case of logical drive recovery.
- Ultimately, the data files are extracted by de-stripping the servers containing multiple drives.
Any of the available recover data tools can be used by the people to recover their damaged disk drives. As these tools are innumerous, recovery of lost or corrupted data is no longer impossible.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/